In a Montessori environment, bookshelves:
- Protect our books, keep them safe.
- Keep our children's spaces tidy, make it easy for the child to put away their books and maintain order in their environment.
- Display the books forward facing, this makes it easier for the very young child to identify their books or find the book they are looking for.
- Are easy for the child to access, reach and use independently.
- Look beautiful!
For babies and toddlers, we offer bookshelves that:
- Are really safe, stable and are able to be used for the child to pull to standing or hold for support.
- Will display board books and small-sized books where the child can see the cover.
- Will hold or display a smaller amount of books. To maintain order in their environment I suggest only a few perhaps 6-12 books in an infant/toddler room.
- Simple and sturdy, this bookshelf is a great way for your little ones to organise their books. The soft canvas shelves protect hardcover books, board books, colouring books or any other flat items your children cherish. The sturdy wooden frame means this shelf will stand up to enthusiastic readers for years to come.
80x35x80cm, height 60cm for infants (3 shelves)
80x35x80cm, height 80cm for toddlers (4 shelves)